Assistant Production Manager – Foods
- Fortune 500 foods processing facility has expanded and is hiring for a newly created role, an Assistant Production Manager role
- The Assistant Production Manager is responsible for assisting the Operations manager with managing, planning, directing, and coordinating the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing, maintenance, quality, sanitation, processing and packaging.
- Company has been in business for 75 years with sales around $20 billion.
- They offer fantastic benefits and are big believers in continuous improvement and upper ward mobility
- Relocation assistance will be provided
- Sponsorship and visa transfers are not available
- Directly supervise and manage 5 supervisors, and 200 employees across 3 shifts
- Strategic involvement with leading continuous improvement initiatives using Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma and similar principles
- Establish a culture of engagement and set the strategic direction for the team.
- Monitor, exceed, and maintain production standards for efficiencies, material waste and quality.
- Ensure employee productivity, facility safety, and maintenance activities while working in conjunction with other managers and supervisors
- 2nd in command and will cover the Operations Manager as needed
- BA/BS degree required, ideally in Business Management, Operations Management, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology or similar
- 4+ years of food manufacturing experience
- Must have experience managing supervisors in a manufacturing setting
- Military veterans are a plus, leadership experience preferred
- Must be capable of problem solving, multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment that creates custom / complex food products
- Experience with following food regulations and guidelines: HACCP, OSHA, GMP’s, ISO, SQF, AIB, USDA
|Job Category||Open Positions, Supply Chain|
|Benefits||Yes, Full Benefits|