Position Title: Business Development Executive
About The Position
Our client is looking for a Business Development Executive that can come aboard and have an immediate impact. The Business Development Executive will build and maintain strong client relationships, sell logistics solutions to clients, grow market share, and effectively communicate with top level executives. Enjoy freedom with decision making and the opportunity to build a business within a business. Our client is very sales focused and their primary role is to support their staff with various opportunities, training, and sales support. Enjoy a base salary of $75,000-$95,000 per year, full benefits, the support of a large company who is very philanthropic, and room to grow. What more could you ask for?
About The Company
Our client is one of North America’s largest logistics companies. So you will enjoy great pay, benefits, and corporate stability. The company is also very philanthropic, and are active supporters of foundations such as: The United Way, Canadian Breast Cancer, Sun Youth Organization, and Bell Let’s Talk. They have also coordinated employee led trips to the Philippines to assist local residents there. The company is very diverse, tech savvy, customer service focused, and offer a great work environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Strategic territory management.
- Sell logistics solutions to customers
- Prospecting of leads, heavy cold calling to build pipeline and strong account management to retain and grow accounts.
- Identify, qualify and generate new business by adding and retaining
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers using email, phone, face to face contact.
- Maintain share of wallet within existing customers.
- Grow market share.
- Interact with top-level executives internally and externally.
- Coordinate with Sales Support and other departments in order to meet the specific needs of each customer as agreed upon.
- Collaborate with Operational teams.
- Existing portable book of business.
- Strong relationship building skills, negotiating power and ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent skills and/or work experience preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of combined experience in logistics and truckload, non-asset based sales.
- Proven success meeting sales goals in previous roles and a strong desire to win.
- Needs based selling models is strongly recommended.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to listen actively and respond to questions with complete and accurate answers.
- Ability to understand competitor strategies, products and pricing patterns.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
|Job Category||Open Positions|