Position Title: Carrier Sales Manager
About The Position
Our client is a 20+ year old, award winning logistics company based in Tampa, Florida. The company is family owned with a great working environment. They are looking for an experienced Carrier Sales Manager to work out of Tampa, Florida. They are looking for someone with 5+ years experience, with Drybed/Truckload experience, and the proven ability to manage a team. Qualified candidates will enjoy a base salary of $60,000-$75,000, with uncapped monthly bonus potential (currently ranging from $2,000-$3,600, and the opportunity to work with a stable family owned business. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a great company offering an attractive compensation structure and work environment, apply today.
A Day In The Life: Truckload Brokerage Operations Manager.
Daily activities of the Truckload Brokerage Operations Manager are to supervise the personnel in the operations team. These team members are responsible for
building capacity, executing service, facilitating timely dispatch, track and trace, and communication delays after carrier assignment.
The Operations Manager will also play a lead role in ensuring that service and performance standards are being met or exceeded, and will also consist of pricing and covering of freight to support the carrier sales team where needed.
- Become an expert in utilizing all TMS systems to perform job functions.Understand, implement, and monitor SOP’s for each client in the company’s portfolio to ensure customer expectations are being met.
- Distribute and monitor daily workload amongst dispatch and track trace team.
- Lead and motivate team of 10+ people.
- Have a good understanding of rates and seasonality.
- Train the dispatch/track and trace team on all account SOP’s.
- Ensure all service and operating KPI’s are performing at or above target as well as analyzing data to ensure business growth.
- Prepare performance reviews and create actions plans for performance improvement.
- Ensure TMS is updated with timely check calls and dispatches including communication follow through to sales department when there are exceptions.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university
- Intermediate mathematical abilities.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Database software, contract management systems, word processing, TMS software, spreadsheets.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Responds effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write documents using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Capable of creating effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to senior management and/or boards of directors.
- Travel (As Required)
Base Salary: $60,000-$75,000 based on experience
Monthly Bonus: Uncapped (2018 average is between $2,000-$3,600).
Position Reports To: COO
|Job Category||Open Positions|